4th of July Desserts: Gluten Free Tart Recipe
This July 4th, wow the crowd with a perfectly patriotic dessert recipe from Sundown®! Our gluten-free Red, White and Blue Fruit Tart recipe features fresh fruit and is nice and light, which is perfect for hot summer days. This patriotic dessert recipe from Sundown® is gluten-free, just like all of our supplements. Arranging the fruit on top to resemble an American flag makes for an adorably patriotic presentation. 4th of July desserts that are gluten free will draw almost as many oohs and ahhs as the fireworks!
For the crust
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 egg
For the topping
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup whipping cream
- Fresh fruit – strawberry halves, banana slices and blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Spray a 13” x 9” baking sheet with cooking spray; dust with some gluten-free flour.
- Using a medium bowl and an electric mixer, combine all the crust ingredients and mix on a low speed until a soft dough forms.
- Press the dough into a rectangle on the baking sheet, pinching the edges as you form a flat, even crust.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the edges just begin to brown. Place the baking sheet on a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the topping, use a small bowl to combine the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Beat on a low speed with the electric mixer until smooth.
- Fold in the whipping cream and beat on medium speed, until peaks form; set aside
- Remove the crust from the baking sheet onto a platter or cutting board. Spread the cream cheese mixture over the crust, leaving some room around the edges.
- Arrange the fresh fruits on top to resemble an American flag: align some blueberries in the upper left corner of the fruit tart. Make the flag’s red and white stripes by placing the strawberry halves and banana slices in long, even rows.
- Store the fruit tart covered in refrigerator for a minimum of 90 minutes before serving.
- Serve, and enjoy!