Gluten-Free Chicken Quinoa Skillet
Our Chicken Quinoa Skillet recipe is a one-skillet meal that’s gluten free and protein rich. Chicken, quinoa and tomatoes mingle to create a delicious, satisfying dinner that may taste even better left over! Warm and hearty, this gluten-free recipe from Sundown® is the perfect home-cooked meal. Perhaps best of all, especially on a hectic weeknight, it’s made in a single pan. You’ll not only love this meal…you’ll love not having a mountain of dishes to do after enjoying it!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb. ground chicken (ground turkey or beef will work, too!)
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can diced tomatoes in juice, (14.5 oz)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Sea salt or Kosher salt, to taste
- 3/4 cup chicken broth, fat free, low sodium
- 1 cup dry quinoa, rinsed and drained
- A large non-stick skillet with a lid
- Set a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the ground chicken, and cook it thoroughly. Once fully cooked, scrape it into a colander and drain.
- Place the skillet back on the stovetop, and reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Add the olive oil to the skillet until heated through.
- Add the onion to the skillet and sauté until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and sauté for an additional minute.
- Return chicken to the skillet and add the remaining ingredients. Stir thoroughly to combine, and place the lid on the skillet.
- Cook, covered, until the quinoa is tender and has absorbed most of the liquid, about 15 minutes.
- Serve, and enjoy!