Gluten-Free Linguine & Collard Greens
A vegetarian-friendly dinner that’s hearty, filling, delicious, and gluten-free is what’s on the menu tonight! Our Gluten-Free Linguine & Collard Greens is quick to put together and absolutely bursting with flavor! This lively dish is bold and bright, allowing fresh collard greens to marry with gluten-free pasta, garlic, and just a smidge of red pepper for a little zip.
- 12-16 oz. gluten-free pasta, spaghetti style
- 8-10 oz. fresh collard greens (or about 10 large leaves)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 cup hot water
- Red pepper flakes, a generous pinch
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Optional: shaved Parmesan
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, and cook the pasta according to package instructions to achieve an “al dente” consistency. Drain the pasta and set aside, reserving some of the water.
- Meanwhile, slice out the center rib of each collard green. Stack the greens on top of one another, and roll them up like you would a sleeping bag.
- Slice across the roll of collard greens thinly, about 1/8” apart. Unravel the rolled collard greens to reveal long, strand-like strips. Feel free to chop the strands a few times if they seem too long.
- Set a large sauté pan over medium heat, and add the olive oil. Toss in the collard greens, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Sauté until the garlic is fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add the cup of hot water to the pan and bring to a simmer. Cook until the collards are tender and a majority of the liquid has reduced, about 7-10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, and add the cooked spaghetti and a tablespoon or two of the reserved pasta water, tossing well with tongs to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with an extra drizzle of olive oil and shaved Parmesan, and enjoy!