Gluten-Free Turkey Chili
Our Gluten-Free Turkey Chili will be your new favorite meal. It has the hearty richness of comfort food, but is lean and chock full of veggies to leave you feeling completely satisfied, but not overstuffed.This Sundown® recipe will tantalize you with its heavenly aroma as it simmers on the stove, and is perfect for a cozy night in. Feel free to adjust the spices to add more or less heat to it…it's all about your personal preference!
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. uncooked ground turkey, 93% lean
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 1 ½ tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 1⁄2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 8 oz. canned tomato sauce
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 tsp salt, or to taste
- 1⁄8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- ¼ cup scallions, chopped
- Top with gluten-free cheddar cheese
- Large pot with lid
- Place a large pot over medium heat. Add canola oil and onion; sauté onion until soft, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add garlic and carrots; cook until garlic is softened, about 1 minute.
- Add turkey to the pot, and cook until browned, breaking it up as it cooks. Be sure that the ground turkey is completely cooked through.
- Add chili powder, paprika, red pepper flakes, cumin, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth, apple cider vinegar, beans and green pepper to the pot; bring the mixture to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer until turkey and vegetables are tender, about 40 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper; garnish with scallions, if desired. Yields about 1 cup per serving.
- Serve, and enjoy!