Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken & Rice
What’s full of flavor, easy as anything, and always a winner for dinner? Our Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken & Rice! It’s gluten-free and deliciously tender. Plus, if you have any leftovers, you can make an amazing sandwich!
- 3 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce, gluten-free
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 tbsp cornstarch*
- 1-2 tbsp water*
- Place the chicken breasts in your crockpot, and sprinkle with the black pepper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, ginger and garlic. Pour over the chicken.
- Cook on high for 2 hours and 15 minutes; or on low for 3-4 hours. The chicken is fully cooked when the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Remove the chicken from the liquid and, using 2 forks, shred it. The chicken should pull apart easily. Once shredded, set aside.
- Pour the sauce from the crockpot into a saucepan, and heat until boiling.
- In the meantime, use a small bowl to combine the water and cornstarch.*
- When the sauce begins to boil, whisk in the cornstarch until it thickens.
- Add the chicken and sauce back to the crockpot, and toss until fully combined.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds, if desired.
- Serve over rice and vegetables, and enjoy!
Optional: Sesame seeds, toasted, for garnish *A ratio of 1 tablespoon of water and to 1 tablespoon of cornstarch will yield a thinner sauce; a ratio of 2:2 will result in a thicker sauce.