Spinach & Mushroom Cheesy Egg Bake
This egg-based casserole is gluten-free, packed with hearty veggies and infused with melted cheese, making it the perfect choice for breakfast or brunch. You’ll love how easy it is to make this nutrition-packed meal which will help fuel your day!
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ½ lb. mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 oz. fresh baby spinach
- 6 eggs
- 16 oz. cottage cheese
- 12 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 3 scallions, diced
- Preheat your oven to 350* F. Use 1 tablespoon butter to grease a 13" X 9" baking dish.
- Heat the remaining 4 tablespoons butter in a large nonstick skillet, and sauté onions, mushrooms and garlic for 3-4 of minutes until onions are translucent and mushrooms are soft.
- Add the spinach a handful at a time to the skillet, and sauté. Once you’ve added all the spinach, cover the skillet to let the spinach wilt for about 5 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and let it cool. Drain any excess liquid.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, cottage cheese, cheddar cheese, salt and pepper together. Once combined, fold in the cooked spinach and mushroom mixture. Mix well, and pour into baking dish.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until top is golden brown and center is done.
- Top with scallions, serve, and enjoy!