Zesty Dressed Salmon Fillets
A beautiful piece of salmon can make for a hearty meal. Ours is topped with a zesty lemon-caper sauce and has just a little kick of spicy cayenne. Dinner is served!
- 4 fillets skinless, center-cut salmon
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 lemon ½ tsp lemon zest /1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tsp capers
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Season the salmon fillets with the cayenne and salt.
- Set a nonstick skillet on medium heat, and cook the salmon for about 10 minutes, turning over halfway through. You should be able to pierce the center of each fillet easily with a knife to know they are done. Transfer to plate.
- Grate lemon zest onto fish, and squeeze lemon juice into a cup.
- Add the white wine and capers to the skillet, and set the heat to high. Boil for 2 minutes or until the liquid is reduced by half, consistently scraping browned bits from the pan to incorporate all that great flavor.
- Remove the skillet from the heat. Stir in lemon juice and parsley.
- Spoon the sauce over the salmon, serve, and enjoy!*
*This recipe pairs wonderfully with potatoes or rice, and your vegetable(s) of choice.