Gluten-Free Chicken Quinoa Skillet
Our Chicken Quinoa Skillet recipe is a one-skillet meal that’s gluten free and protein rich. Chicken, quinoa and tomatoes mingle to create a delicious, satisfying dinner that may taste even better left over! Warm and hearty, this gluten-free recipe from Sundown® is the perfect home-cooked meal. Perhaps best of all, especially on a hectic weeknight, it’s made in a single pan. You’ll not only love this meal…you’ll love not having a mountain of dishes to do after enjoying it!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb. ground chicken (ground turkey or beef will work, too!)
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can diced tomatoes in juice, (14.5 oz)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Sea salt or Kosher salt, to taste
- 3/4 cup chicken broth, fat free, low sodium
- 1 cup dry quinoa, rinsed and drained
- A large non-stick skillet with a lid
Set a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the ground chicken, and cook it thoroughly. Once fully cooked, scrape it into a colander and drain.
Place the skillet back on the stovetop, and reduce the heat to medium-low.
Add the olive oil to the skillet until heated through.
Add the onion to the skillet and sauté until tender, about 4 minutes.
Add the garlic and sauté for an additional minute.
Return chicken to the skillet and add the remaining ingredients. Stir thoroughly to combine, and place the lid on the skillet.
Cook, covered, until the quinoa is tender and has absorbed most of the liquid, about 15 minutes.
Serve, and enjoy!